Bail Bonds and Attorneys
When you need to help bail someone out, you can do a quick search and find a reliable bail bondsman in no time. But what do you do when you need to find a lawyer? It’s risky and highly inadvisable to just pick a random lawyer when you have the choice to pick someone. There are some instances when that isn’t an option and you are stuck with whomever the state sends to you. Regardless, when you want to know how to find a good attorney in Weslaco, TX, give Rodriguez Bail Bonds a call. We’re available 24/7 at .
How to Find a Good Attorney
The severity of the crime committed will determine when to find an attorney and when to not. If you are seeking bail on a felony charge, then you may want to also seek an attorney as well. That can often seem difficult though. How do you even begin to find someone? What if you can’t find an attorney? There are a lot of questions to answer, so let’s just get started.
- Ask Family or Friends: An easy way to start finding a lawyer is to ask your family or friends. Someone may know an attorney or at least a practice to start with. Or ask bail bonds agent.
- Ask Other Lawyers: If you already know a lawyer, but maybe you can’t afford their prices, you can always ask them for recommendations.
- Do Research Online: There are a few online platforms such as Martindale Hubble that can help you find reputable lawyers in the area.
- Check the State Bar: A great place to find an attorney bar number and check their credentials at the same time is the State Bar site.
- Contact State Programs: If you can’t afford a lawyer but you’d like some help, there always several state pro bono programs that you can contact.
Though it may seem like it at times, it’s not impossible to find a lawyer. Whether you pay for one or you go through the state services, there is someone out there that can help you. Another great place to ask for advice or help is at the bail bonds service you use. Rodriguez Bail Bonds will gladly discuss reputable lawyers and point you in the right direction.
Qualities of a Good Attorney
Finding a good attorney can seem daunting, but it’s not impossible. Once you have found one that you like, it’s important to vette them and make sure they are up to the task of being your lawyer. The best way to do that is to search for their State Bar Profile and look for a website for reference. On the website, looking through their Frequently asked questions can give you an understanding of who they are and how they can help you.
- Communication: Since public speaking is a major component of their job, it’s important to know that your lawyer can communicate well. Additionally, they need to be able to write well and just generally communicate a point well.
- Judgment: Your lawyer needs to be able to come to reasonable, logical conclusions based on the information provided to them. They need to be able to see the larger picture at hand as well as the smaller details and weaknesses.
- Analytical Skills: One of the most important qualities your lawyer should have is being able to analyze just about any situation. We’re not talking about someone calculating or manipulative, but someone that can filter through all the information and find reasonable conclusions.
- Research Skills: Any good lawyer knows most cases need a solid foundation of research before ever stepping foot in a courtroom. Your lawyer should be able to accurately filter and condense all the information they find.
- People Skills: Of course your lawyer also needs to have more than adequate people skills. They need to be able to empathize with you and be able to relate that to a judge and/or jury.
- Perseverance: A key quality that may often get overlooked is perseverance. Your lawyer should be willing to put the time and effort into defending you. They should be dedicated to defending you and willing to work as hard as it takes.
Regardless if you are paying your attorney or they are doing it for free, these are just a few of the qualities they should possess. You need someone that you can rely on and trust to help you. Look for these qualities and you can’t go wrong.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I get a lawyer for free?
- If you can’t afford a lawyer on your own, then the state can appoint one to you. Usually, the lawyers that do this are doing the work “pro bono” which means they aren’t getting paid and won’t ask for money to defend you.
- How do I check a lawyer’s credentials?
- The best and most reliable place you can research a lawyer is with their state bar profile. Every licensed lawyer will have one. You can Google them and read through their credentials on the state bar site.
- How do you research a lawyer?
- You can start by Googling them to see if they have a website for reference. Another site that will provide you the most accurate information will be their state bar profile online.
- How can I get free legal advice?
- There are several ways you can get access to free legal advice. Call a legal aid hotline, schedule a free consultation with a lawyer, look into federally-funded legal aid programs, find a local pro bono program, or take advantage of the free legal services offered by your state.
- What qualities make a good lawyer?
- Some of the big and best qualities a good lawyer can have are communication skills, analytic skills, research skills, people skills, using good judgment, and being a people person.